Easy 3 Ingredient Chicken Tacos
I’m always looking for quick but tasty ideas for dinner during the busy work week. This taco recipe is hands down the easiest one I have in my dinner rotations. There are literally only three ingredients. Not only is is simple and inexpensive, it’s one of my boys’ favorites! I will usually double the recipe so that we will have great leftovers, a lot of times I’ll use the leftover chicken to make chicken tortilla soup the next night. I simply put all the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning before I leave for work. When I get home later in the afternoon, the house smells so good!!! Serve the chicken tacos with all your favorite fixings, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, cilantro and refried beans. Add some chips and salsa and it’s a great family meal!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1.25-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) jar of your favorite salsa, (I like to use Herdez mild Salsa)
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
- Pour salsa on top.
- Cook on low (for 6-8 hours) or high (for 4 hours).
- Just before serving, use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Stir to evenly distribute salsa throughout chicken.
- Serve immediately favorite toppings.